Wednesday, June 16, 2010

9 Weeks 4 Days



It is getting more and more exciting to think about whether we are having a boy or a girl baby. Fairly soon our baby will be a fetus and take on more of the features of a 'real baby' versus a tadpole. I wonder if it will have Luke's eyes, my sticky-outie ears or a whole new combination of features. The baby can now move around in my stomach and virtually swims around in there! I can't feel anything yet but apparently there's a lot going on.

Soon we will be telling all sorts of people we're pregnant and I'm so excited! Luke doesn't enjoy telling creatively so when we're together we just blurt it out which is fun too! When I'm alone, however, I think of all sorts of funny and amusing ways to do the big reveal. My Mom already has five grandchildren so I bought a dozen eggs and drew the baby faces of four boys and one girl on all but one. On the sixth egg I put a big question mark and our baby's due date: January 15th, 2011. It was a lot of fun watching her try to figure out what all of the eggs meant.

Today is a more energetic day for me...less exhausted and ready to tackle all of the work that has been shoved to the side for now.

1 comment: