Saturday, November 13, 2010

9 Weeks To Go

The countdown is on. As of yesterday there are officially 9 weeks to go. A little sense of panic is now setting in as we busily prepare the baby's room and order a crib, buy a stroller, decide on colours, wonder if we need a high chair right away, wonder what we're missing, wonder if we're ready...yes, excited but a little stressful as well. As long as the baby is happy and healthy we'll be good but I'm the type of person who likes things just "so" and in this situation, I'm going to be even more insistent that everything is just "so." So here we go!

Luke is in the baby's room taping, painting with no VOC paint and basically getting all of the "big" work out of the way. He'll also be putting up the crib in five weeks when it arrives. We ordered a beautiful green 3 in 1 crib from Mother Hubbard. It's a company in Toronto and they cut the wood on site as well as paint or treat it at their factory. Canadian-made for our Canadian baby!

We also looked at a huge selection of high and low end strollers and are now trying to make a decision. There are so many options at so many different price points...and we originally thought the Quinny was high-end! Most importantly we'll need a car seat, so that will drive our ultimate decision for a travel system for our baby girl, as will the price.

I'm feeling overwhelmed about how quickly this is all coming up as well as by the information and multiple decisions we'll be required to make over the next few weeks. What if baby comes early? What if we don't have everything she needs by then? Sweet panic is setting in....I'll make it. Luke is pretty calm and is good at settling me down.

The baby dreams are picking up again. For two nights in a row I've dreamed about our baby. The first night we had a baby girl and the doctor went out to buy me a capucino. I was also moving my own hospital bed around the room...? The second night I dreamed we had a baby boy and I left him with my Mom and he went missing...dragged somewhere by an animal. It was horrible. Valium would have been a blessing during that dream. Maybe it was all the tums I swallowed for heartburn before going to bed!

I'm so looking forward to the Christmas season when work is done and I can focus on everything baby. 5 weeks from now I will be done work for an entire year. This will be our last Christmas as just us two and our first as a married couple.

It's a lovely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment