Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Last Sunday?


Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny day here and there was a light dusting of snow overnight making it a treat to look out the window this morning. It's 9:00 AM and Luke is still sleeping. I won't bother him to get up soon because A) he went to bed much later than my 9:30 PM bedtime and B) this could be his last Sunday morning sleep in for a long time...and mine too.

Baby Jones is due in less than one week so next Sunday may be one of our first full days as parents. This doesn't mean I think she will actually arrive on her due date of Saturday, January 15th, 2011 but there is a 5% chance she will. I still vote on a late, on her own time, driving us to drink due to the anticipation arrival ;)

Last night I dreamed that I was out for dinner with my Bad Girls Group (a bible group) and I was both drinking wine and smoking a cigarette while still waiting for our baby girl to be born. Not that I'm on a huge high horse...I used to drink my fair share of sweet red wine and would even have a cigarette once in a blue moon for fun before being pregnant. And on New Year's (at 38 weeks) I had some sparkling wine to toast in 2011, but this dream made me wonder if I am actually capable of being a good Mom or if I'm just yearning for my body to be MINE again! Let's go with the last bit.

Now I'm off to enjoy a long, leisurely last Sunday (?).

No comments:

Post a Comment